Periodontal Services in Sarasota, FL
Periodontal services from the office of Magnolia Green Dental Care Dental Care cater to the health of your gums, jawbone and other structures that support and surround your teeth. Gum disease can start as simple inflammation due to lack of oral hygiene, and can then progress to more advanced stages, causing tooth and bone loss.
Some symptoms of gum disease include:
- Traces of blood in your saliva during brushing
- Gums that are tender, swollen in size or redder than usual
- Consistent bad breath due to an infection in your gums
- A lingering bad taste in your mouth
- Gums start to recede
- Difficulty chewing
- Gaping pockets between the teeth
- Permanent teeth shift or loose teeth
To treat early stages of gum disease, we offer a non-surgical treatment called scaling and root planing, which is a deep dental cleaning to help remove tartar deposits along with smoothing the root surfaces so that the infection does not reappear. For advanced stages of periodontal disease, we offer more extensive treatments such as dental crown lengthening and laser treatment.
We also offer bone grafting surgery to help repair jaw bone deterioration which can come with gum disease and tooth loss. A healthy and dense jawbone ensures a higher success rate for dental implants.